Corporate / M&A
KL Partners advises on a broad range of corporate matters, including M&A, cross-border investments and private equity transactions. Our team is led by partners who have consistently been recognised by foremost legal publications (e.g., Chambers and Partners, Legal500, etc.) as “Leading Lawyers” in the field of Corporate/M&A in Korea.
With substantial experience, commercial know-how, and ability to find practical solutions, we regularly represent foreign and domestic clients in their most complex transactions and significant business matters.
“Although it is a small law firm in terms of scale, the lawyers’ expertise and practical experience in the M&A field is sufficient for them to act as an excellent legal adviser.”
- Representation of Dong A One Group in connection with its issuance of shares to Sajo Group.
- Representation of a major Korean IT Group in connection with its joint venture with another IT Group company.
- Representation of one of Korea’s largest conglomerates in connection with its group restructuring and related transactions.
- Representation of a Korean private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a Korean factory automation system manufacturer.
- Representation of a leading Korean private equity fund in connection with two (2) separate M&A transactions.
- KL Partners ranked as a “Leading Firm” in Corporate/M&A, South Korea by Chambers and Partners (January 2017)
- Seong Hoon Yi ranked as a “Leading Individual” in Corporate/M&A, South Korea by Chambers and Partners (January 2017)
- Seong Hoon Yi ranked as a “Leading Individual” for Corporate/M&A – South Korea by Chambers and Partners (February 2016)
KL Partners ranked as a “Leading Law Firm” in Corporate and M&A, South Korea by The Legal 500 (November 2017)
Seong Hoon Yi named as a “Leading Lawyer” in Corporate and M&A by Legal Times (August 2017)
Named a finalist for “Private Equity Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business (Korea Law Awards 2017)