Eun Nyung (Ian) Lee is a Partner at the Firm and focuses his practice on International Dispute Resolution and M&A.
Based on his significant experience in cross-border and domestic M&A, private equity, acquisition financing, real estate transactions and real estate financing, Mr. Lee is highly specialized in commercial arbitrations and M&A. Mr. Lee is one of the leading Partners in the Firm’s International Dispute Resolution Practice Group and Corporate Group.
Prior to joining KL Partners, Mr. Lee was a Partner at one of the largest law firm in Seoul and worked as an international lawyer in the Hong Kong Office of a prominent international law firm.
KL PartnersCo-Founder / Partner (September 2015 — present)
Shin & KimPartner (2011 – 2015 / 2004 – 2009)
GE Capital KoreaLegal Counsel (2011)
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLPInternational Lawyer (2010 – 2011)
Judicial Research and Training Institute(2002 – 2004)
- Representation of a leading Korean construction company in an UNCITRAL arbitration relating to a dispute arising from a construction project in India.
- Representation of a leading Korean private equity fund in an ICC arbitration relating to its investment in a global financial institution in Korea.
- Representation of a German company in a Korean litigation against a local distributor of dairy equipment in Korea.
- Representation of a local real estate developer in a UNCITRAL arbitration in connection with one of the largest commercial real estate development projects in Korea.
- Representation of a Belgian investor in the first ever investor-state dispute (ISD) brought against the Republic of Korea.
- Acquisition of a leading Korean electric wire company by a leading Korean private equity fund.
- Acquisition of building maintenance business by a leading Korean security company.
- Acquisition of a leading Korean electric appliances manufacturer by a Korean conglomerate.
- Acquisition of shares in a leading Korean life insurance company by a foreign pension fund.
- Acquisition of a leading Korean semiconductor manufacturer by a Korean conglomerate.
- Acquisition of a foreign wind turbine manufacturer by a leading Korean shipbuilding company.
- Acquisition of a wafer manufacturer by a leading Korean private equity fund.
- Acquisition of a global sports brand by a Korean company.
- Hostile takeover by a leading Korean private equity fund against a Korean wiper manufacturer.
- Hostile takeover against a leading Korean pharmaceutical company.
- Development of a commercial complex by a leading foreign real estate fund.
- Investment in a logistics complex development by leading Korean private equity funds.
- Sale of a prominent commercial building to the largest pension fund in Korea by a leading Korean construction company.
- Co-Authored the Korea Chapter in The Real Estate Law Review, Third Edition, Law Business Research (2014)
- Co-Authored the Korea Chapter in The Real Estate Law Review, Second Edition, Law Business Research (2013
- “Leading Individual”, The Legal 500 (2019)