As an attorney of KL Partners, Woo Joo Kim has been advising on various corporate transactions related to clients’ investment activities including M&A, joint-venture, project finance, acquisition finance and private equity investment, and has broad experience in infrastructure sector such as power plant, waste treatment and renewable energy.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked at Macquarie Capital Korea, an Australian investment bank, managing its investment projects in Korean infrastructure sector. He also served as an associate in the M&A team of Bae, Kim and Lee LLC.
KL Partners – Attorney(September 2020 – Present)
Macquarie Capital Korea – Vice President, Infrastructure & Energy Group(October 2016 – July 2020)
Bae, Kim & Lee LLC – Associate(February 2013 – October 2016)
- In relation to Macquarie’s behind-the-meter type ESS projects, managed overall project work streams including license/permit review, transaction structuring, institutional financing and exit arrangements (2019)
- In relation to Macquarie’s waste-to-energy projects, managed overall project work streams including license/permit review, transaction structuring, acquisition of local businesses and institutional financing (2017)
- In relation to Macquarie’s acquisition of Re-Clean, the largest food waste treatment facility in Korea, managed overall project work streams including bid process management, commercial negotiation and institutional financing (2017)
- Advised Tesco PLC on its sale of hypermarket business, Home Plus (2015)
- Represented Suning Universal Group, a Chinese conglomerate, in its acquisition of Redrover, a Korean listed animation contents provider (2015)
- Advised SK C&C on its merger with SK Holdings (2015)
- Advised Dongkuk Steel on its merger with Union Steel (2015)
- Represented KAKAO in its merger with Daum Communication (2014)
- Represented Samsung SDI in its merger with Cheil Industry (2014)
- Advised Affinity Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Loen Entertainment Inc. (2013)